Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Survival Skills for Men

We all know that men and women see many things very differently.  This holiday season will be a learning experience for many men who make the major mistake of selecting the wrong gift for their special woman.  A blunder of this nature can take on gargantuan proportions.

The first Christmas my husband and I were together, he gave me a blender.  He even used a 20% off coupon I gave him for a department store.  Because this was our first Christmas together, I had knocked myself out decorating, cooking, shopping, gift-wrapping, and making other holiday preparations for his three sons and my four daughters. I wanted everything to be perfect.  

Everyone was having a wonderful time Christmas morning tearing into their gifts.  I kept wondering what was under the tree for me.  When I finally unwrapped the blender, an ungodly rage erupted inside of me.  I wanted rip his arms off and pummel his stupid head with them.  Although, I resisted the urge toward violence, believe me he paid dearly for his indiscretion in equally painful consequences.

Now I leave nothing to chance.  Well in advance of an occasion, I remind him that the event is coming up and I tell him exactly what I want and where to buy it.  He is wise enough to follow my directions, including having it beautifully wrapped.  It is a win-win victory.  If you want to preserve a happy marriage or a joyful relationship, guys don’t buy the wrong gift.  If your relationship is in a free fall, maybe I can help. Email me at susanboyes@susanboyes.com or visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment