Friday, December 31, 2010

Black-Eyed Pea Therapy

It is an old southern tradition to eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day for good luck and prosperity.  So my first New Year’s resolution is to eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day.  My second New Year’s resolution is to blog about how to create “good luck and prosperity” everyday, with or without the black-eyed peas.
Just what is good luck?  In my world, good luck is a set of fortuitous circumstances visited upon a person that results in an emotional energetic response of gratitude and joy.  The problem is that we believe that we have to wait for good luck to spontaneously show up.  While we are waiting for the arrival of good luck, we are often cranky, cynical, snarky, negative and pessimistic, energetic emotions that are the antithesis of joy and gratitude.

Therefore, I propose that a welcoming environment for good luck and prosperity to materialize is one of gratitude and joy.  Remember, Einstein said “Everything is energyEnergy attracts a similar energy.”
Join me in a crusade to create good luck and prosperity by consciously choosing to experience gratitude and joy. 

Start a gratitude journal where you regularly record the people and circumstances that you treasure in your life.  Oprah says that keeping a gratitude journal changed her life.  Keeping a gratitude journal has certainly changed my life.  Even if you choose not to write down the people and things you are grateful for, you can bring these things into your conscious awareness several times a day.  This practice is “soul medicine” and you will surely reap the benefits if you resolve to choose gratitude and joy everyday. 

Don’t take my word for it.  Try it and see what happens.  I would love to hear from you about the good luck and prosperity that start showing up in your life when you embark on your black-eyed pea therapy.  Send me an email or visit my website.http://www.susanboyes.com/  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment